Bambi & Birdy

Bambi & Birdy

Freitag, 4. Juli 2014

Shabbat Shalom and a wonderful weekend!

let's all have a golden state of mind tonight

I have been obsessed with Judaism lately. During my theology studies, I fell deeply in love with the Old Testament (more or less the Jewish Tanakh) and have been reading, thinking, praying ever since. I am far, far from making any life changing decisions (such as converting- site note: is it converting if you don't have a religion to begin with?). For now, I just deeply enjoy being in touch with G-d and am hopeful that I will be led exactly where I belong.
Part of my exploring Judaism is observing, in the least observing way possible, the Shabbat. So, starting Friday with sundown, my life slows down, I try not to work, try to live in a more conscious manner and try to listen to all those things going on in my soul that are usually drowned out by the noise of everyday life. So far, I can say that stopping the rat race for a day, truly helps me stay sane, and close to my spiritual site (is that in itself a sign? In case you're a reader of this blog, dear Almighty, please let me know...I'm a bit desperate for answers).
To all those of you observing the Shabbat, I say Shabbat Shalom, to my Muslim relatives and friends, I send strength and joy in Ramadan and all the rest, I wish a wonderful, calm, love-filled weekend!

PS: Happy 4th July to our American readers!

Ich bin fasziniert vom Judentum. Während meines Theologiestudiums, habe ich mich schwer verliebt in das Alte Testament ( so ziemlich identisch mit dem jüdischen Tanach) und habe seitdem viel gebetet, gelesen und nachgedacht. Ich bin weit, weit entfernt davon, drastische Entscheidung zu treffen (zum Beispiel konvertieren...Randnotiz: ist es konvertieren, wenn vorher gar keine Religion da war?). Zur Zeit, habe ich einfach viel Freude daran, mit G-tt in Kontakt zu sein und hoffe, dass ich genau auf den Weg geführt werde, auf dem ich mich befinden soll.
Teil meiner Beschäftigung mit dem Judentum ist den Sabbat zu achten (oder zumindest ein ganz klein bisschen den Sabbat mit meinem Samstag zu vermengen). Freitag ab Sonnenuntergang wird mein Leben also langsamer, ich versuche nicht zu arbeiten, versuche bewusst zu leben/ atmen/ zuzuhören und versuche auf all die Dinge in mir zu hören, die normalerweise vom Lärm des Alltags übertönt werden. Bis hierhin kann ich berichten, dass einmal die Woche zu entschleunigen, mir sehr hilft meinen Verstand nicht zu verlieren und meinem spirituellen Selbst nah zu sein (ist das in sich schon ein Zeichen? Herr, falls du diesen Blog liest, melde dich bitte...ich bin ein wenig verzweifelt auf der Suche nach Antworten).
Allen also, die den Sabbat achten, sage ich Shabbat Shalom, all meinen muslimischen Verwandten und Freunden wünsche ich einen wundervollen Ramadan und allen anderen, ein entspanntes, erfülltes Wochenende!



The blog of the wonderful Rivka Malka Perlman:
http://rivkamalka.com/category/spiritual-fun/


Rabbi Lazer Brody's youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ4u3DyTJfmP0WLB6i4Q3Rg


Have you seen this amazing movie on orthodox Jews? It's truly breathtaking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQuWarA9KXg


...also I discovered that (orthodox) Judaism is a very turban friendly religion, which suits my turban-loving-self just fine!

1 Kommentar:

Mrs. Teacher hat gesagt…

What a lovely photo :) I could never pull off a turban!
The Old Testament is certainly interesting.